Quick and Tasty Banana Bread
With just a few simple ingredients, try baking a soft and delicious Banana Bread with our White Wings Self Raising Flour. It makes a moist delicious afternoon snack for hungry kids or a perfect breakfast paired with a hot cup of coffee.
- 2 cups (320g) White Wings Self Raising Flour
- 1½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 2 tsp mixed spice
- 1 cup (220g) brown sugar, firmly packed
- ⅓ cup (80ml) milk
- 50g butter or margarine, melted
- 2 eggs
- 2 over-ripe Bananas, mashed
Bakers Tip: This is a great way to use up very ripe bananas (store in the freezer and defrost bananas for your Banana Bread when needed).
Toast a slice and add your favourite jam or spread.
1. Preheat oven to 170°C for conventional or 150°C fan-forced. Grease a 5-6 cup capacity loaf pan and line with baking paper.
2. Sift flour, bicarbonate of soda and mixed spice into a large bowl. Stir in sugar. Make a well in the centre.
3. Whisk milk, butter or margarine and eggs together in a separate bowl. Add milk mixture and mashed bananas to flour mixture and stir to combine. Pour mixture into prepared pan and smooth surface. Bake for 45 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes our clean. Stand bread in a pan for 10 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack to cool.
4. Cut bread into thick slices and spread with extra butter or margarine to serve.
Berry Blast Cake This delicious fresh berry vanilla cake is light, fruity and the perfect dessert to serve with tea or after dinner. It’s also very easy to create beautiful-looking berry swirls that will be sure to impress your guests! Preparation...
Classic Layered Chocolate Cake Are you looking for the best chocolate cake recipe? With its tall and fluffy layers and rich and creamy chocolate buttercream frosting, there’s no need to look any further. Preparation 10 Minutes Cook 50 Minutes...
Double Chocolate Cookie Sandwiches If you like chocolate cookies, you’ll love these double chocolate cookie sandwiches filled with a silky chocolate buttercream frosting. The soft and fudgy texture makes it an indulgent afternoon treat! Preparation...