Berry Blast Cake
This delicious fresh berry vanilla cake is light, fruity and the perfect dessert to serve with tea or after dinner. It’s also very easy to create beautiful-looking berry swirls that will be sure to impress your guests!
- 250g butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1¼ cups (275g) caster sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2¼ cups (335g) White Wings Self-Raising flour
- 1 cup milk
- 150g frozen raspberries (left out of freezer for 1 hour)
- 100g butter, softened
- 1 cup )160g) icing sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Pink food colouring
- Strawberries, cut
1. Preheat oven to 170ºC conventional or 150ºC fan-forced. Grease a 6cm deep x 20cm round cake pan. Line the base with baking paper.
2. Beat butter, vanilla extract and sugar in a medium-sized bowl with electric mixer until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time and carefully sift in the flour. Pour milk gradually as you go.
3. Crush strawberries on a plate to make a paste-like mixture.
4. Drop spoonfuls of bake batter randomly into the pan, dropping spoons of the strawberry mixture over the cake batter and draw a skewer through the mixtures to create a marble effect.
5. Bake for 55 – 65 mins. Stand for 10 mins in the pan before turning over onto a wire rack to cool. Time may vary depending on oven.
6. To make frosting, beat soft butter until light and smooth. Beat in sifted icing sugar, a few drops of colouring and milk. Spread out frosting and place fresh strawberries on top.
Double Chocolate Cookie Sandwiches If you like chocolate cookies, you’ll love these double chocolate cookie sandwiches filled with a silky chocolate buttercream frosting. The soft and fudgy texture makes it an indulgent afternoon treat! Preparation...
Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes If you’re planning a kids’ party, these ice cream cone cupcakes are a perfect idea! The best part? They are very easy to make and will have everybody’s eyes lighting up when they see these fun treats. Preparation 30 Minutes...
Quick and Tasty Banana Bread With just a few simple ingredients, try baking a soft and delicious Banana Bread with our White Wings Self Raising Flour. It makes a moist delicious afternoon snack for hungry kids or a perfect breakfast paired with a hot cup of coffee....